My brain is incapable of forming coherent thoughts today.
Due to being in extreme work mode all week, usually my brain, house, and life in general are a complete mess by Friday morning. Hence the blog title - so I thought I'd give you a concise list of things that I've been thinking about lately, rather than try to write a deep, introspective post.
1. I seriously, seriously love Chick-fil-a. This wasn't fully realized until this past summer when we were in Colorado for ten weeks and the closest Chick-fil-a was a 45 minute drive away. Also, realized to a deeper extent this past Tuesday night when my small group was going to go to Whataburger and realized we had juuussstt enough time to get to Chick-fil-a before it closed.
Fact: I woke up the next morning still in a good mood because we ate there instead of Whataburger.
2. I'm praying our son appreciates his parents' heart when he first processes what we name him.
3. Working toward my resolution has proved slow going, and then I realize that there's a reason you give yourself an entire year to learn some lessons.
4. Decorating our nursery in a Chronicles of Narnia theme might be a little more difficult then first anticipated, as the concept of a half goat-half man creature might be more frightening than enchanting to a baby.
5. I just realized I have exactly eight minutes to get to work...
6. And lastly, my prayer for the week has been for a heavenly wisdom. The kind James talks about in chapter three... looking at the semester ahead it seems this would be a good thing to have.